Safety & Candle Care All Limelight® candles are hand-made and hand-poured near Bath in England. We strive for consistency but each candle is unique.
It is important to let your candle burn for a couple of hours at a time, to ensure that the pool of melted wax completely covers the whole of the surface area of your candle. Ideally there would be a ‘melt pool’ across the surface area of the candle of 2-3 mm on the first burn. This prolongs the life of your candle and avoids what is known as ‘tunnelling’. This will give you the best hot scent throw, which is what you want. As a guide, allow 30 minutes for each centimetre- it will take about 2.5 hours on the first burn to achieve a full melt pool to the edge of the glass on a 20cl candle and 3.5 hours on a 30cl candle. No. 19 Hearth will take longer than this as the fragrance in this candle is dense (but you will be rewarded by a longer burn time)!
Our waxed cotton wicks are the engine of the candle. Trim the wicks when the candle is completely cold (we find nail scissors work well). It is important that the wick is not too long (otherwise it will smoke), 3-5 mm is perfect to prolong the life of your candle (the exception is the first burn when you want it a little longer).
We do not use un-fragranced wick supports and wicks do sometimes migrate as the candle burns and it is important to ensure you re-centre the wick after each burn so that your candle burns evenly down the glass (we use a cocktail stick to do this).
If you trim the wick when the candle is completely cold, any residue from the wick will just blow off. Don't attempt to do this when it is hot!
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame and avoid smoking of the wick.
Always burn our candles on their lids on a stable, protected, heat-resistant surface away from draughts. Obviously never leave a burning candle unattended and always keep lit candles out of the reach of children and pets. It's time to say goodbye to your candle when there is approximately 1cm of wax in the glass for safety reasons as the glass may get too hot- the sustainers we use in our candles are designed with this is mind.
All our Limelight® reed diffusers are made with a non-toxic carrier base from come from a renewable source. However, these should not be consumed as the fragrance obviously may be harmful. Please ensure that reed diffusers are placed on a stable surface and keep these out of reach of children and pets.
These regulations that came into force in 2015 align the EU system of classification, labelling and packaging of chemical substances and mixtures to the global system (GHS). This requires any products (including virtually all household products) to carry the necessary pictograms and relevant hazard information relevant to that product, along other required information, including safety information. We clearly label all our boxes and safety information is on also on the base of your candle.